Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 25, 2009: The Hand Waiving Electrician

Unfortunately today while biking to work the company electrician was struck by a car. This meant that there was need for another person in production. I was volunteered for the job. I was given a new shop jacket and headed out into the factory. I was working with one of the workers, Mannie. Mannie speaks English about as well as I speak German. Together we had to assemble the wiring harness on a compressed natural gas system. This is the kind of scenario that sketch comedies are written about. There was a lot of hand waving, gesturing, incorrect use of English and German words and altogether good times involved. We got five systems wired in no time, high-fived, drank a Capri-sun juice box and parted ways.

After work I Interneted at the Internet café and pondered what I should do with my night. I already had food made from last night so I did not need to cook. I decided against the pub because my poor lungs need a break from all the smoke. I decided to rent a movie. After some time I picked Driving Miss Daisy and headed to the cash register. The lady spoke perfect English except, ironically, did not know the English word “Rent.” I got a chuckle out of this. I got home put on my loungewear, watched the flick, ate some chows and hit the hay.

1 comment: