Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 24, 2009: Climbing and Talking Climbing

My boss got back from Turkey today. It looks like if I behave myself at work I might be able to score a trip to Turkey at some point. Bitchin. I translated some English from Bad English to “Good”-English and buzzed out at 16:10 to go climbing.

I got to the train station at 15:00 and headed to the travel bureau to get at Eurail pass. It turns out that they can only be bought in Cologne. This means that this weekend I have to go to Colonge after work, get the pass then continue on to München then Budapest. It  will be a hell of a journey but the caving in Hungary will be worth it.

I got to the climbing wall and met a really strong climber named Steffen. Steffen is also a mechanical engineer. We climbed for a few hours all the while talking about climbing gear and climbing hotspots around the globe. I bid him adieu and three trains, a bus and hour later I was home. I typed up some bloggage and hit the hay.

1 comment: