Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8, 2009: “Short” walk to the Internet Café

I got up at 9:00 after a lovely 12-hour sleep. Some cheese, salami, coffee and bread started off the day. I decided to go and find where this internet café that I had read about on the internet at work was. I followed what I thought was the right direction and about 5min from my house decide that “you know I really like walking” so I did. I saw a sign that pointed to something that I thought would be vaguely interesting, and followed it. It led me down a secluded one-lane road then into an industrial/commercial area of Ratingen. I saw what I think was the ESpirit clothing company prototyping facility (I don’t think that prototyping is the right word when applied to clothes, but oh well), a Nokia building and a bunch of run-down factories. About an hour and a half later, I had been walking thus far with no consideration of where I was, I felt like going home. I walked for another 2min and saw a bridge that I recognized, I was right next to my house!

I got home and regrouped. Now I really wanted to get online so I left and found the Internet café in no time. I spent an hour and a half of sending emails and waking my mom up at 6:00 Calgary time with a Skype phone call. I left for home and thought that I would go to the climbing wall, but (may the climbing Gods strike me down) I did not feel up to it, and instead decided to listen to Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw and type my blog.

After dinner I headed to the WWW Bistro/Café that is right across the road from my house for a quick Alt before bed. I met up with a former German tennis pro who was telling me about his opening match at Wimbledon against André Agassi. The bartender was a big fan of hockey and told me that the Oilers were better then the Flames. Then a bookie came in and told the tennis pro that he owed 3600 Euro in gambling losses. The tennis pro paid his 20 Euro bar tab with a 500 Euro bill. It was quite a good time for a Sunday night. I got to bed early so that I could get to work at 6:00.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed you update everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oilers ARE better than the Flames! I love German bartenders.

    ReplyDelete