Sunday, February 22, 2009

February 21, 2009: Bon Voyage

We got up at a decent hour and picked up some bread at the bakery for breakfast. I love German bread, they mix rye and flour in a way that appeals to all the senses. While at the bakery we saw the beginning of the Karnival Parade. At the end of the parade was the a trailer carrying the most German cargo possible, a gas generator, two kegs of beer and a coffee machine. I got a good laugh out of this.

Kate, Eric and I quickly ate some bread and cheese before it was time to catch a bus to the airport. I rode with them as far as the airport train station where they would have to catch the SkyTrain to the airport. I dished out some hugs and was on my way back home.

I napped for five hours and got up at 18:30. I had to get some food before the store closed. I grabbed some eats, made up a chicken Cesar salad for dinner, typed for an hour or so on the ol’ blog and got to bed at a very reasonable 22:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment