Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 7, 2009: Busses, Trains and Climbing

Today was another great day in Germany. Hopped the O16 Bus to work and squeezed in between all the school kids for the 21min ride to work. Düsseldorf has one of the best transit systems that I have ever seen. There is Trams and U-Bahns for the downtown region, S-Bahns for the longer distances and Buss routes blanketing the whole region. After a quiet day at work I caught the SB55 to Düsseldorf Hbf station then the U75 U-Bahn train to the climbing wall.

 

Climbing today was great! I got there and the pipes were frozen and therefore no water. The nice guy at the counter explained to me in broken English that the water was out so I can only do “small business” not “large business” in the toilet. Because of the lack of water I got a discount, only 8 Euro. At the climbing wall I met my buddies Ollie, Frank, Derek and Peter and did some sweet extreme Euro-climbing. I climbed by first 8 today, approximately 5.11c/d and I am on my way to an 8+. The best part of the night came when my new climbing friends invited me to come out climbing with them in Köln about an hour south of Düsseldorf. I am really excited. I just barely caught the U75 back to downtown then the S1 home. I bought a bottle of Cherry Brandy at the train station before I left, just finished a small glass; it was great.

 

Tomorrow at work I get to visit a Dynetek subsidiary to see how they do their thing. Killer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment