Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hello again. Today was my day to check out my new place of work . . . Dynetek Europe. I awoke at a surprisingly late 12:00 noon and set about catching the O16 Speedbus to Lintorf where I will be working for the next four months. I caught the bus and enjoyed some great people watching on the 21 minute ride to Lintorf. I got off the bus and checked that Dynetek Europe actually exists, everything checked out and I was on my way home. I got home and enjoyed an amazing salami, gouda and hot mustard sandwich, mmmm.

 

After my sandwich, I finished off another great euro-day with a 20-minute train ride into Düsseldorf to the Starbucks where I harvest my Internet. Got home and unfortunately watched the CNN (the only English channel that I get) coverage of the invasion of the Gaza Strip, which was sadly preceded by the coverage of the death of John Travolta’s 16 year old son. I sign off today while watching some English pop music videos on a show in German, some with Japanese subtitles . . . odd.  Tomorrow the plan is to wake up early and explore some more of Düsseldorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment