Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 13, 2009: Trip Planning and Starbucks Drinking

Today at work I asked Martin, one of my fellow engineers at work who travels home to Berlin every second weekend, if he would take me along with him on one of his next trips. I asked him this in an email along with some work related questions. Within a few minutes he was at my desk; I don’t actually have a desk, I work on a laptop in the secondary meeting room. Martin began enthusiastically talking about taking me on the Autobahn, this was quickly followed by him telling me about the compression ratio in his modified Mazda MX-3 and why I should wait to drive it on the Autobahn instead of his winter car, a diesel Mazda 3. He then spent 15 minutes telling me how terrible American made cars were. So . . . long story short I am going to Berlin towards the end of the month, if I can coordinate it with my trip with Nancy (a friend I met through Sarah and have yet to actually meet) to Belgium.

 

I also continued the process of planning Kate, Eric and my trip to Paris and Amsterdam over Spring Break. I booked us into a hostel called St. Christopher’s in Paris and the Flying Pig in Amsterdam. I also partially dealt with setting up the travel in-between all these locations. Oh logistics, how I loath thee. Well a big shout out to Vic town and to Langdon Auger for reminding me of home with your dope beats.

3 comments:

  1. You will love Berlin, its my favorite City in Germany, so much to see and so much history...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in the main train station, it is a 20min train ride from my house

    ReplyDelete