Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 14, 2009: Sore and Loving it

I caught the late bus into work today, made it in at 8:30. I got to design a new project that I am working on with Martin’s computer while he was in a meeting. Martin is the only one in Dynetek who has 3D modeling software on his computer and it is a German program called OneScene or something similar to that. Anyways I was having a devil of a time figuring it out. I went to the post office with Julia and picked up some post cards at lunch as well as to the bakery to pick up what I thought was a date square but ended up not being one. By the way expect cards in the mail if I have your addresses.

 

I caught the bus downtown after work and went to the Starbucks to get some internet time in. As a side note Germans have a much higher tolerance for PDA (Public Displays of Affection) then Canadians. I was sitting opposite a couple who I figured had just got engaged and for the entirety of my hour long internet harvest they were sucking face just five feet in front of me. This is also common place on the train platform, at bus stops and pretty much anywhere there is room. Anyways, I got my internet fix and headed out to the train, but I really had to go to the bathroom. I decided to go to the public train station bathroom. The bathroom cost 70 Euro Cents and was rather clean. I got into the stall and the person to my right started speaking in what sounded like some sort of satanic language and the person on my left proceeded to light up some crack. Hmmm . . . sketchy. Well time to go, I hopped on the U-Bahn and headed to the climbing wall.

 

My buddy Peter was just heading out after a 3 hour climbing sesh, so I bid him adue and proceeded to ask people if they needed another belayer for there group. The first group of three that I ask gratuitously agreed for me to join them and I enjoyed a great afternoon of conversation and climbing. I made it home in a slightly longer then expected hour and a half, had some goulash soup and now it is time for bed. Please send my your address to tominatoris@shaw.ca if you want some sweet sweet German post cards. Tommy: out.

1 comment:

  1. I am currently sitting in on a pivot tables course at work and its the most boring thing in the world. I'm using the time to get caught up on your blog and lovin' every second.

    ReplyDelete