Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 28, 2009: Vertically Entertained

Today was the earliest that I have ever been to work on a coop, 6:25. It was not too bad, said hi to the factory workers and enjoyed a coffee. I finally got another project to work on today so now I will spend less time looking up random engineering articles online.

Funny anecdote. There is a guy who I work with who knows English (a thousand times better then my German) but struggles along more then some. One of the things that I got a giggle out of today was when he was describing a processing step and repeatedly referred to this guy, who was grinding a piece of metal, with the wrong gender. For example we were standing right next to him, “now look how she does this step” or “she will spend all morning doing this.” After a few iterations of this mistake I kindly corrected him and now he has his “hims” and “hers” straightened out.

I left work at 3:10, because I showed up so early, and headed to the climbing wall. The wall was mostly empty except for my climbing buddy Ollie and a dad trying, terribly, to teach a crowd of rowdy kids how to climb. Ollie and I climbed for three hours and so hard that when I left the gym I could hardly turn the knob. A great day deserves a great nights rest. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment