Monday, March 9, 2009

March 8, 2009: Luck of the Irish

I got up before my alarm at 7:00. I thought that there was the daylight savings time switch but turns out that it there was not. I had plans to catch the bus to the airport with a couple Germans that I met at the hostel who were from areas around Düsseldorf. I packed up the few things that I had, took my important things out of the hostel safe and went to get some breakfast.

 

First I poked my head into the hostel bar because there was a music video on the screen with pretty colours. I went in, and who did I hear? The Irish people who were staying at the hostel is who. They were playing drinking games, having a good time and carrying on. They had been up all night drinking because their plane left at noon and they though that staying up and drinking the night away was the best plan of attack to catch the plane. Whatever floats your goat, I thought to myself.

 

I headed out of the hostel into the cold crisp Baltic air. I had to get some breakfast before my bus left to the airport. I walked around the old city for a while until I got to a convenience store where I picked up some eats. Before I knew it I was back on the Ryanair cattle car heading back to Düsseldorf. I smooth flight ended with the whole plane cheering upon landing. Fun. I was going to get a ride back into town with the Germans but I lost them at some point and had to take the bus. 14 Euro later I was at the hauptbahnhof. I then caught the train and was back home in no time. I promptly took a three hour nap.

 

I got up, did my laundry, made some chicken/broccoli fried rice, watched a movie and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment