Friday, March 20, 2009

March 18, 2009: Trying to Understand the World Around Me

Today on the bus four German kids were practicing their English in preparation for a test. This was the first time that I had truly understood what was being said in bus converstation. It made me a little homesick. Right now I have a very good understanding of German numbers, days of the week and months and very basic verbs. This can only take you so far in the world of overhearing bus conversation. 90% of the conversations that I overhear to me sound like this:

“I have . . . good . . . twenty three! Jajajaja. You . . . me . . . 6 o’clock Saturday. . . . good . . .. two hundred fifty . . . main train station . . . lettuce. . .. JAJAJA. But mom, I have no grocery bags. Bye!”

Good times. Work today was intersting. All this modivation I have mustered up is starting to actually deliver. I have managed to find a spare computer to use for the rest of the week while mine is in Egypt and I am drafting up some clever devices for use in the factory.

After I got home I tried to get off my butt and go for a run but watching low rate American trash cinima staring Adam Sandler seemed more tempting. I did however manage to fashon myself an amazing meal: egg fried rice with lentils and seared pork tenerloin, oh so good. I watched “Don’t Mess With The Zohan” and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment