Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009: Preparations

Work was uneventful, I did get to go into town with Julia the secretary and ogled some fancy German stationary supplies at the story. Ever since my youth I have had this inexplicable fascination with pens and pencils, it is not healthy. I managed to avoid buying anything except for some delicious cake at the bakery.

 

My plan for this weekend is to go to Middelburg in the Netherlands. I need to check out these Delta Works that my Opa and Oma have been trying to get me to see for so long. I am trying something new, couchsurfing! Basically the idea is that there is an online database full of available couch all over the world from Siberia to Antarctica to New York that you can stay on for free, just a bunch of nice folk helping other nice folk.

 

I leave at 5:12 tomorrow and get there 4 ¾ hours later. I should get to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. I like pens and pencils... but only in September. Anything more than "back to school"-like feelings is excessive... but your cake was probably tasty haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same obsession Tom! I remember you once noticed I had Cross stationary, I was impressed. When you return we can have a debate comparing fountain vs. ballpoint pens. You think you're up for it?

    ReplyDelete