Monday, March 9, 2009

March 5, 2009: The YOUTH Hostel

All day at work I could not wait to begin what I hope to be one of my more memorable trips to date. I added some additional shelves to a shelving unit in the inventory room and got some free eats at Herr Mende’s G-Tag.

 

After work I went home because I forgot my alarm clock. I made some dinner and finished the movie that I started in the morning.

 

Then I was off! A train to Düsseldorf, a train to Keler then a 30min slog in the rain to a very out of the way hostel. This hostel turned out to be more of a summer camp then a hostel. I later read in the brochure that there was hiking and canoeing, too bad I showed up at 8:30pm and left at 4:45am.

 

I walked in the door of the hostel and saw 30 8 year olds running wild. I checked in and enjoyed some of the sparkling water that they left out while listening to the herds of wild German children running though the halls. I had the two-bed room to myself.

 

I CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment