Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 2, 2009: The Never Ending Day

Today never really began. It was merely a bumpy train riding continuation of yesterday, albeit a more tired one. I left the train at 6:50 this morning after the 12-hour train ride direct from Prague. This morning my Internet was going to be put in between 8 and noon. I got home with some bread that I procured from the bakery on the way back from the train station and cleaned up the house and had a shower. I ate some bread any laid down to wait for the Internet guy to come.

He came at 10, plugged me in and I left for work. Work was relatively uneventful. I left and got home to fix my internet that was not working this morning. Alice Internet helpdesk does not speak English here I figured out. This was a problem because although I can ask “do you have a mirror?” in German I cannot figure out Internet issues in German. I called in a favor from my landlord Mr. Großman and his native German got the job done. Two hours and twelve minutes of Interneting later I hit the hay.

1 comment: