Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 30, 2009: T.D to D-Dorf

After work today I was going to meet up with a few people from couchsurfing at a bar downtown. I got off work, got some food in me and then hopped on the train into town. I got off the train just in time to make it to the bar that was only two blocks away from U-Bahn station. This is when the un-magic happened. So I managed to get lost for 45min getting to the destination that was only two blocks away, don’t ask me how, but I did.

I got to the Olive Bar and Restaurant and nobody from couchsurfing was there! I missed out on it. This was a particular shame because I had spent the last weekend exploring the Ratingen area solo and I was in dire want of some English speaking company. Oh well, I made the most of it and ordered a beer, in German, at the bar. I finished up and took the train home. I was back by 9:30 and in bed soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment