Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 10, 2009: Momma Bear, Papa Bear and Baby (15 year old) Bear Re-Unite with Tommy Bear





This morning wins the award for earliest rise; I was up at 3:30! I had to catch the 4:12 train into Düsseldorf in order to catch my train into Frankfurt. It did not seem as bad as I thought that it would but I managed to get out the door on time and catch the train. I had to wait around in the station for 45min before my train left so I took a seat in the waiting room next to a bunch of people of varying levels of sobriety. I busted out my book and started reading. One of the drunk guys made a bit of a scene and was yelling at another guy to talk to him in French, but he eventually saw the light and apologized to the other guy. I eventually caught the train into Frankfurt at 5:13. It was a short 1 ¼ hour trip from D-Dorf to the Frankfurt airport.

I got off the train and amazingly had no problem finding my way to the terminal that my parents and my brother Stuart were due to arrive at. They showed up and we had a joyous reunion. We were all ready to start exploring the city.

We took a cab to the hotel and dropped off our bags. We took a walk around the city to get our bearings and then it was nap time! After the nap we decided to take a boat tour of the city. The sun was out and it was by far the nicest weather that I have seen since coming to Germany, 22 and sunny. We sat on the top deck of the boat and saw the sights.

We got back and had a nice dinner on the patio of a restaurant in one of the cities main squares. It was delicious; it is nice to not be eating peasant food while in another city for a change. We were all tired and after a trip to the pub we got to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment