Monday, April 20, 2009

April 18, 2009: The Kö

The day started with a cup of coffee, a loaf of rye bread fresh that morning and discussion of the day’s plan. Soon after breakfast Stuart went off to get a haircut, I brought the bottles to the depot with my dad and Mom tidied up my flat (thanks Mom).

 

Today we were going to get downtown without the car! We all walked to the S-Bahn station and scooted down to the main station. After a brief ride on the U-Bahn we made it to the Königsallee, one of the “poshest” streets in Germany. This is the place that people who buy shoes that cost more then most peoples cars go to show them off. We all bought some clothes, and my mom found a store that she had read about in a magazine. Everyone had had their fill of shopping, except Mom, and we headed home.

 

Back at my place we all took a breather, Dad caught some shuteye and before I knew it they were off, heading back to Frankfurt to spend the night before their early morning flight.

 

I took the afternoon off and watched a movie, or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment